Onto other news. I constructed the blouse yesterday. Once the collar is completed, the rest of the top just falls into place. I put a bit more curve in the lapels because I had to piece them, but that only adds to the sassyness.
I like the hint of white from the feedsack cotton showing beneath the collar. I think it brakes up the print on the fabric just enough.
The buttons were a big choice.
Like with the facing, I was just going to use some generic nondescript buttons. Then I got to thinkin', I'm saving my good buttons for fabric like this! D'uh! I decided on my great red vintage ones, glass mind you.
They compliment the wagon wheel look of the fabric perfectly. I'm very pleased with that.
I also got to put the pocket on this one. On the last one I added too much gather to the bodice, so the pocket stuck out. With a bit of positioning I was able to add the pocket just fine. A friend asked why the pocket was so high. I said its 2" above the nipple, and about an inch below the collar bone. I'd say thats pretty perfect. People are so used to pockets being so low.
Same with jeans.
But in any account the blouse is complete. Also, looking in my stash, I found some white rayon! Like 5 yards of the stuff, so I don't have to make dickies of the other rayon I have, I can make complete blouses, yay!
I'm starting on the palm tree rayon today. Squeeee!!!
Finished images of the gray rayon blouse are on NVL.