And the blouse is complete!
Once this puppy is pressed, it will be fab!
The next challenge was to find out which buttons would work. She wanted the blouse to be versatile and I thought non statement buttons would be the best bet, but then I felt these buttons were too casual, and decided to spruce it up a bit.
It was a good choice.
The final blouse came out perfect. I'm really glad I used the size down because this still has a healthy amount of ease.
As for my thoughts on whether this blouse could translate well to plus size, I think it would depend on the bust. The front facing of the blouse is part of the blouse on the grain which makes it straight.
As I said in the last post, it's a challenging size alteration for the super busty, as the front collar would be quite gaping. I'd say go for a blouse that has a cut shape for the collar facing, its easier to manipulate for a busty fit.
And now that the blouse is over, I got to make a couple of quick pairs of lounging pants that I wear all the time around the house. They came out great.
Okay everyone! It's back to pattern making and sewing.
Have a great weekend!