I spent my weekend drafting a pattern and making a slew of hats.
These hats are drafted from an original 1970s hat and are in essence upcycled from vintage fabric of old 1970s pants as well. I had fun arranging the styles based on the the textures of the fabric and the actual pockets of the material.
The hats also have removable snaps on top where the button is. My friend who commissioned these hats wanted the button to be removable so he add new quirky things to the top. Ha!
Once the pattern was made, the hats came together fairly easily. The lining, as usual, was the most labor intensive, because I added a velcro strap into the lining like in the original hat.
I'm debating whether or not to make this hat into an NVL pattern, seeing as it's adjustable and all.
Let me know what you think.
Okay, off to sew.
Have a great day!