Made these cords years ago. It was before I got my jeans fit from my repro. I made about three pair of corduroy pants, in what I thought was a good loose 40s fit. Now, they are just too droopy on the sides. It's kind of embarrassing. I'm talking each leg like 5" too much fabric.
The beauty of the pants is that all I had to do was make sure the skirt was long enough. I cut open on the inside seam of the legs and slightly tapered the waist line of the new center seams of the skirt. I decided to make the skirt without a waist band because I had already folded and pressed the cuff of the pants.
I did add a band of bias cut cotton on the waist for some extra stability.
A simple zipper and hook and eye and a hem and the skirt is done.
Done and done. I wore this skirt dancing on Monday and it handled great. I did five hours of dancing and most of it was to a great band, Petunia and the Vipers. IT was a great time. They preformed three sets of cool country swing and then played on after that! I got home just in time to get in 3 and a half hours of shut eye before work.
Totally worth it.
I plan on doing this to my other corduroy pants and another pair I have. I need more skirts anyway. Alright! Have a great day!