Hello lovely people.
This past week I've been making progress on flushing out my wardrobe by making some more blouses. I recently completed the flower lawn, and even the flower lawn from the vintage cotton.
It was then that I decided to make one from some 40s rayon I've had in my stash for the longest time.
These tops were so much more delicate than a lot of my other garments. I did a lot more hand sewing on them, plus a lot of bias taping.
For the vintage rayon, I had to be extra careful. One reason was with ironing.
Vintage rayon is the most flammable fabric I've ever worked with! I sprayed it with water then used a pressing cloth and a low iron to get it straight before cutting.
I hung the yardage to dry because it wrinkled up pretty fierce when I sprayed it and I wanted to make sure I was even when cutting, so I wanted it to be completely dry. As I was working on it progressively I used a dry iron and a pressing cloth.
I actually cut this one a bit too large and had to take it in on the side about 3/4". Some other details I did was add some cotton tape on the waist seam for reinforcement because I did't want to do a top stitch from the outside.
I also added trim tape across the bottom hem.
I really like the drape of this fabric. It's a shame they don't make it like this anymore.
I have one more cut out that I'm going to finish this week and them I think I'm moving on to skirts. Yay!
I leave you with the first 'mate from my plant this summer. Not very large, but it was gewd.
have a great day!!