Here it is. A finished panel. Success.
After a lot of rotten thread, rotten elastic, and thread clippings, its done.
Both are done, and I was now able to put the dress together.
So I did. I messed up. Messed up big time. I was looking at the dress and realized I left out the two back panels right after I had sewn in the zipper! HA! Generally when I'm pleased with something (whether it be a sewing job or drawing) I then realize I did it wrong. I mean I can say, "Oh man, I really like that stitch." Oh! Its incorrect! Perhaps that's why.
Let's do this again….
There, that's better.
I am extremely proud of how this turned out.
Lookit that bust shelf! Fantastic!
Now that the elastic is in, the dress shapes up really well.
As for the sewn in straps, I took them and made a halter attachment. There were two button sewn into the bodice which suggest there was a strap, and there was. Looking at another dress of the exact same style (I'll post that later), there is a halter attachment so it was a good guess on my part.
This dress took all my thread elastic, so I had to buy more. Problem is, this thread elastic is crap! I did three lines of shirring on my next project and there is no pull. It's just not strong elastic, so I have to find some thats a bit meatier.
So it's on to sewing me shirring in four other dresses. I think by time I finish this series of projects, I'll be over my shirring curiosity.
Have a great weekend!