Last night before I went to bed I flipped the facing pieces outright.
I pressed open the seams then notched the corner of where the lapel starts.
I slightly folded the seam on the inside of the jacket.
When I got to the lapel, I worked the fold so it was slightly tucked behind the front of the lapel. Then pressed the heck out of it. Then I went to bed.
I had a good sleep, and got up refreshed. It was like it was meant to be. The lining just dropped into the jacket. I hemmed the back of the lining, tacked the sleeves in place and whip stitched everything together. Took an hour.
I cut a way some of the fold on the front of the jacket when I hemmed it.
I didn't want the bulk. I'm sure there was a more artful way to do it, but I just cut away some of the fold and did some stay stitching on it with my machine.
Gave her a final press and took all the pins out.
Now all I have to do is add the button holes!
I even have the perfect buttons, classic and understated.
I'll post the final of the jacket tomorrow!