Still no regular internet.
*sigh* I hate it, but I'm trying to stay positive.
In the mean time I've been sewing.
I did some quick day projects that have become my newest reproduction!
Its a set of three close fitting skull caps from the 1930s. The pattern is a size 23.
For many I know, finding a pattern that has a good base cap fit is hard. The caps for this pattern fit the head great, so no need to worry. The top isnt too pointy, and there is room for hair!
I've made up all three designs and there are things I like about each one.
You can see more images on NVL.
View A I made in an hour. Its only three pieces.
The ruffle just stitches to the crown and presto.
View B is a great slanted cap. I made it in corduroy which is thicker than any of the suggested fabrics and might not be too period correct, but it turned out really well.
I added a band for the tie bow in front because of the fabric thickness.
View C is the most complex. Each crown section is its own piece.
I backed each crown piece with muslin and then lined the hat with cotton.