But the Air Raid is outside, and I've been there and it can get cold, so I figure it's time I addressed my undergarment situation seeing as I don't want my bottom to freeze.
I need to work on making undergarments anyway. It's one of my deficits. Actually loungewear and undergarments are big holes in my wardrobe. I think I'm going to work on those for the rest of the month.
I pulled out all of my cotton flannel for jim jam pants. Mmmm, toasty.
I decided to pull out a couple of my slip patterns and whip some up. I narrowed it down to the one I'm sick of seeing, and another princess seamed one. I think you can tell which one I chose.
I looked through my stash and grabbed a few yards of this heavy fabric I had. I didn't know what it's content was so I did a burn test. I was totally surprised to discover that it was not a polly blend. It appears to be a cotton/rayon blend, more heavy on the cotton. Yay! It's a bit brushed so that was the side that I'll put on the inside.
I sized up the pattern, just a bit, then cut out the pieces.
By the by, tomato paste cans make *great* fabric weights. I realized I was glad that I used this fabric for a slip because it's off the grain.
I'm also glad I caught that after the second piece which was on grain. It was strange, like the grain was all wobbly. It's a slip, so I'm not too worried about it. It's not so bad that I have to worry about twisting. The fabric isn't the best for my skin tone anyway, so a slip it shall be.
I could have finished this thing in one day but I started it at 4pm, and after working with the pattern it just got too late to sew. It's all pinned and ready to go, so I'm calling this a day project. I think I'll make a couple more of these, maybe even add short sleeves to another one, if not this one.
I know this will do the trick at keeping me warm. I'm getting excited!