Well, the "I'll finish in one day" skirt turned into two days. Dont they always?
Tailors tacks of the pleated front.
The waist band is a bit wider as the pattern has it than I line, so next time I think Ill make it smaller.
This rayon blend crepe was a bear to work with, but after I resized, and had to take in the waist again, I managed to get a good fit.
The front all put together.
Inside joined with front sides.
Skirt right side out.
Generally when I resize something the first time its too snug around the hips to my liking, but this one worked out rather well. I have an 11" difference from my hips to waist, and it can be a real pain when fitting. It drapes great, and the front pleat s dont pull. Not too shabby for doing this with no instructions.
The waist, again, was my biggest problem. Because I sized the waist up about 2" larger than needed, I cut down about an inch and then basted the waist and gathered the difference. One reason was this fabric has stretch, and I didnt want to stretch it out at the pleats (which it does not, yay!) also, I thought it would help with drape, which it did, yay again.
I do need to work on the hem, so I got out my trusty hem marker (I love that thing) and used it.
The top is next, and Im really looking forward to the set complete. The good fir of the skirt gives me great encouragement. Ill post finished pictures of the skirt when the hem is fixed on NVL.