My Cicada gown this past weekend.
I finally finished my first floor length gown. Well, nearly floor length, I decided to make it this long at the last minute, and had to do some real maneuvering with the fabric.
I used my repro pattern for this one. I thought it was a great fit!
I had this image in my head, a picture from my 40-41 winter Sears catalog. The bolero the ladies are wearing I have an idea for too, already cut out,
I just didnt have enough time to finish it.
Im gonna use view B. I LOVE those pockets on the shoulder dart *drool*
This dress had been in planing for weeks, but so much stuff came up and well, it had to take a back burner. But Im glad its finished and it looks so cool.
This is all that was left over, scraps.
For the underdress, I used the same pattern I used for my depression era dress. Ha!
Finished details can be seen on NVL.
My silhouette is all off in this dress. Not because of the dress, but I decided to revisit an old cincher I had, and my girdle kept sliding down, eliminating my waist, and giving me this boxy shape. So now I know what I have to do, make my own cincher.