The flowered duvet dress is coming along.
I'm loving the piping. I hadn't done that detail on a dress in a while because of how hard it can be, but I so love it, I decided to take a crack at it. I piped the side pocket top and the bodice and shoulders. I really like the look of the piping next to the same fabric yoke. Its a nice detail.
I decided to stitch the dress in yellow thread. No particular reason other than I have a cone of the stuff I never use.
With the piping because it was so dark, I had a dilemma. The fabric was a bit see through, so I had to face it, like I always do, but for the bodice I couldn't face the facing piece because when I folded it over, it would show the line of piping.
I had to face the front of the bodice, add the piping, then finish the construction. Way too much work, I say. Even with all my preparation I made some mistakes.
Mostly with the collar because I accidentally sewed the faced side to the back bodice of the dress, and not the top layer and on the top side of the collar you can see some of the piping showing through. Not too much, but a bit.
Also I found a few blemished in the duvet fabric after the fact.
Like this hole in the collar I didn't see until...now.
I'm planning on wearing this dress to a BBQ this Saturday. I should have it completed by this evening.