I got around to drafting the bib front for my overalls. I decided on a sweetheart neckline and a high bib like the one in the 40s. The cool thing is that now I can really visualize what the overalls will look like.
Im debating either making the straps them the the back piece (making it one piece) or simply sewing the straps to the notched places.
I also began sizing the slacks portion of the pattern. I pulled out an old pattern I made up after a lot of trial and error then compared that to the new pattern and the sloper I made. I was surprise this 47" hip pattern was larger than my sloper and my original pants pattern.
The curve at the waist on the old slacks is fairly high compared to my sloper and the new pattern, so I think Im going to go with the new pattern with that.
One thing I've discovered I have to do when modifying pants is the cut of the seat.
Most slacks have a fairly gradual curve, but because of my paunch, if I don't make the curve more dramatic, I get a really tight look there and it makes the pants cut into me *cough* and they also look too small.
Plus, that sharp incline is where the great drape of the pants starts. Mmmm, the drape.
My next step is to make up pieces for the top, and alter the back of the slacks. Then I'll be ready to cut into the fabric.