Today seemed much easier in the shirt making world. I got up early enough to really make some progress, and the thread for the most part acted right.
I put together the double facing yoke. It went on pretty easily. Was even keen enough to match the stripes so there is no ghosting between the pieces. Oh yeah, that's how I roll.
Whenever I work with a piece on the fold, I always mark the center and match up centered pieces accordingly working my way out, especially if there is a gather. That way I know the gather is perfectly centered.
Once that was squared away it was onto the flat-fellin'. Just a zip up both sides of the shirt and I was ready for lunch. Because I didn't add the extra SA the shirt is a bit smaller. It's a wearable size.
After that I folded the hem of the shirt and stitched it up. I really like the look of that.