Working on the scalloped waistline was a challenge, especially with that seam finish. I don't think I did too bad a job and I feel the print of he fabric will cover any real mistakes.
Another challenge was the neckline. Its a slashed v neck that goes down quite a bit and the dress is to be worn with a vestee (I'll just make a fancy neckline underdress). It did need to be faced, but I had the challenge of if I faced it, was I going to inter face the facing. I decided not to, too much bulk but I had to finish the seams. I couldn't do a french seam here, that point would have been murder, so I sewed them regular, and did a zig-zag over that raw edge. It looks good so I'm pleased with that.
The hat is very simple, two pieces, but I think I'm going to make a band around the crown and finish the back with a decorative bow. I think that will look so cute.
Welp, that's about it for me at the moment. I'm sitting inside in the AC working. Ah.
Have a good Thursday!