It's finally starting to get hot here, as you can see from my 'glow' :)
Here is the dress all stitched up. I have to admit, I love the fit of the bodice. Thanks Onda! I need to tweak the front of the skirt, as the waist is a tad too large and gives more gathers than I'm pleased with once I belt it. The belt in the photo is a temp.
The sleeves are from my War Time Dress because the shoulders on this dress sit pretty far back on the shoulder, and that sleeve has darts that cap over the shoulder. I plan on doing a post about sleeves and how to use them later in the Make and Mend session.
(Here is a better shot of the bodice.)
I think this design is growing on me. With this being the first go around, I am quite pleased with all the work I did for the fit. I believe this is going to be a type of dress that I'll have to tweak every time I make it, but I do want to make this in a white rayon crepe, so more work ahead for me.
It still needs to be hemmed, and I need to finish the belt, but other than that it's finished.
Moving on to a Make and Mend.
I made this cotton dress a while ago, but when I finished it, I realized that the skirt was a strange shape. First off it was too large, second, the hip was too low creating a rather strange angle for the side of the skirt.
No problem! I simply turned the dress inside out, took out the side seams about half way down the side seams from the waist and gradually A lined the style of the skirt.
Have a great day everyone!