Good morning and happy Friday lovely people.
I want to thank you all for the wealth of responses to my previous post. All except one. That response was a lame.
But in any account, it's time for more bathing suit sewing.
In our last episode, I was talking about the cups of the suit and how I wanted a bit more support. As you can see, the construction is all but sone, and though the fit is good, I wanted a bit more 'comfort' beneath the boobs. You all know what I mean.
I felt a bandeau would be the best way to go.
The elastic was from some excess 2" wide elastic I had from an old project. I made sure to use what I have and not buy anything extra with this project, and I did that!
If I had measured the top of the fabric a bit more, I would have made it reach up to the seam of the straps of the suit. But this bandeau was after the fact, and next suit, I'll make it in tandem with the inner lining's construction. This worked great!
The breeches I made up as I did in a past post. They are really not see beneath the suit too much, but I did add elastic around the legs.
As for the back of the skirt, if you recall, I mentioned the back being too short for my bum. I decided to jazz it up a bit and add some cotton sateen that I had for a splashy contrast to the plaid.
I also added appliqué stars to the skirt. A bit hokey, I know, but I gotta out do those rockabilly chicks and they know how to bring the style.
For the arm holes, I finished them with bias trim made of the same sateen.
Here i the button for the top of the zipper on the back. I gotta figure out how I'm gonna fasten that.
No judgements :) He's sensitive.