More progress on my WWII dresses.
I added pockets to my ric rac dress. Its pretty much complete, I just have to hem the skirt and give it a good pressing. I should have finished images up on NVL by tomorrow.
Here is the process I did for adding the ric rac.
I cut out and overlocked the pieces. I made a facing for the pocket (because I face EVERYTHING).
I sandwiched the ric rac between the two pieces, edging it up to the overlocked top which equaled my 1/2" seam allowance.
I then sewed it and ta-da! Ric racie goodness.
Ive also cut out and began putting together my brown seersucker dress.
It can be finished by tomorrow. These dresses are so quick to make.
Plus I cut out my last WWII dress using the same vintage flower cotton I used on my dustbowl dress. I love the colors together. Its gonna come out super swell!