I wanted this one to feel a bit more like a suit, so I faced specific parts with the leftover cotton I made my 40s dresses from.
This linen has a bit more drape to it than other linens Ive worked with and I wanted it to have some more shape.
I faced the peplum, the back yoke, and added facing to the front, the belted back, the sash ties, pockets, collar, and the waist band of the skirt. *whew*
Here I am trying it on with not the right bra or foundation garments (Whats the point, right?). Even out of 'form', so to speak, it fit rather well. Im loving the front pockets.
Im still in love with the belted back.
Although this one had a bit more bulk than I would have liked, its shaping on the back is very nice. I also cut down the back about 1/2" so it wouldn't droop as much. Im much more pleased with this shape than even the navy linen one I made a few months back.
The skirt is done.
Its always tedious, matching up and keeping track of all those pleats (tailor's tacks) but its worth it. I love this skirt. Also, this is one of the best zippers Ive ever done. Yay me.
The construction is going along nicely. Ive made this pattern so many times I could do it in my sleep. I LOVE it. Im gonna make it again! HA!