Finally got pictures of my altered blouse and I've paired it with my new rayon skirt.
I got the fabric for the skirt from a 'by the pound' fabric place. The drape is killer and it will make a great dance skirt. I even added a bit of flair and did the inside hem with red lace. Its clean, and practical. I think I'll get a lot of milage out of the skirt.
As for the blouse, this I made a long time ago from that Simplicity repro. Well, I don't know if I'd call it a repro pattern as much as it is a retro (re-drafted) pattern. It was an early attempt at sewing, and I didn't adjust it as I should have. I also whipped up a button back, but I digress.
Here are the before and after pictures of the alteration. I brought up the shoulders about an inch and a half and the fit is tons better. I also cut down the front yoke, and now the blouse hangs better too.
My freelance gig has been taking a lot of my time. Work is work, so that take's priority. But I do have some finished projects coming up, so don't worry!
Have a great day everyone!