Hello lovely people.
It's a collaborative project. I get images if the clothes that need to be made, a model for them to be fit to, then they are taken and 'dressed' and presto, movie monster of your very own.
I've done clothes in various ways for Frankenstein and a Dracula.
One Frank I did was a modification of an old thrift store jacket.
I cut the jacket open in the back in order to get it on this HUGE mannequin that was in my home for about a week. Oh, how I love LA. No one bats an eye when you and another person are carrying a huge footed mannequin into your apartment building.
I stitched the jacket to Frank so it would create that pull at the front because the jacket was supposed to be too small for him.
I made a pattern piece for the back, sort of an hourglass and sewed it to the back of the jacket.
He also required special pants that could be zipped onto the form. Oh, I do love problem solving!
Dracula is a standard size, so I got to use Ned for that.
I made the cape (which was a feat in and of itself), and the vest, from scratch.
The cool thing is I get to see the final product here! Go Frank!
I'm more likely going to be dressing more Franks as they come, but I'll be making patterns of the clothes and just making them that way instead of mods from clothing finds.
Hehehee! Okay have a great Wednesday!