Where is everyone? I expected a lot of questions on this...
Perhaps I am too wrapped up in this project, but I'm loving it. Remember when I said that I was aiming at this as a leisure bra, yea, well, not anymore.
I made a second mock up with my sized cups and I was so happy with the outcome! Granted there are still some small things to fix, but so far for a try two this is totally becoming something that is wearable.
Here is what I did.
For this one, I still maintained the seam allowance of 1/2".
I slightly darted the back at the waist a bit more (but not as much as I should have). From here I just followed the instructions for assemblage.
I did cut down #4, the front about 2" from the top to accommodate the larger cups. That was a grand idea and helped with my fit a lot.
I'm going to have to extend this point of the cup slightly so it's even with the other pieces. Not a big deal.
One thing I noticed is I made the width of the sides too short in relation to the original size. I figured Id make those the elastic sections, so I drafted a pattern from that shape. I think that is going to work out rather well.
I still made it front closing, and on the wearable mock up, which will be the next one I do, I'm going to flat fell the seams and add elastic from a cannibalized shaper I don't wear.
I'm excited and can totally see this being a real live long line bra!
I'll post more tomorrow. I'm finishing up the third try right now!