I'm running out of everything! First my scanner, now this!
This thread has been a dream to sew with, and now I have to go back to my crappy thread. Stupid looper for being a thread hog!
So far I've made a bra directly from the pattern, a mock up using my altered cups, a working mock up in a fashion fabric, and now this one.
I'm not sure what to call this one, 'sketch 4'?
In any account, I think I'm finally getting close to the final fit.
This one assembled in about an hour. The cotton has a great denim feel to it. It's almost got a Steampunk vibe, too. Perhaps that's the copper color. I'm feeling good about this one. I did omit the elastic, raised the underarm parts, and narrowed the waist. All these adjustments were done via the pattern, because when you sew this type of garment, I've found that you really can't alter on the fly.
For the front band, I'm taking some precautions. First I overlocked the edges. This fabric has a loose weave, and I think that extra stability, even though the edges are folded in, will be good for the pressure a long line takes.
I also plan on adding a thin layer of cotton in-between the folded outer cotton. It will give a good brace to the buttons and button holes.
I should finish this today and then I'm either happy or not. The excitement should be giving me chills, but this is so fast to put together, I'll just try again if I'm not where I want to be.
*whew* That's a lot of bras!