Hello lovely people.
I wish you all an amazing new year!
This year in review is going to be a bit different. A lot happened this year for me, and for once in a long while, it wasn't all bad.
The largest change for me was my move. I moved into a 3 story townhome apartment and it's been such an amazing experience. This is the largest place I've ever lived in while being in Los Angeles, and combine that with the neighborhood and it's been so fantastic living here.
Virginia has been very happy with it too.
I had some adventures. Saw Gorillaz in concert, went to Disneyland (and got bronchitis), babysat my friend's snake for a week, went to a slew of festivals and outdoor things.
I also started to frequent a brewery near me, Virginia in tow, and we have made so really cool friends there. Not to mention that a lot of my friends and I got to trivia nights as a weekly hang out and it's just been such a fun time meeting up with them every week. They even asked me to make some can art for them! That was a HUGE deal for me, as I've wanted to do can art for a long time.
Aside from that, I started a new job. I'm credit director of a children educational company. I help craft the look, the characters and the content of the materials we sell. It's been a lot of work, but I really do like my job.
I have two children's books in the works. Both I hope will be released later this year, and when they are, I will be sure to let you all know.
Sewing was mostly on a need to do basis last year. Now that I Have this amazing sewing space (house tour to come soon, I promise) I am so excited to get back to finishing my patterns. With COVID and the new job, like so many others, things got shuffled. I really miss making patterns and am determined to get back into that craft with fervor this new year.
All in all, things are pretty good. Having a space I can make my own and having the room to make it my own has been such a mental health boost for me. I really didn't realized how much my emotions were tied to my space and what I could do with it.
I was even able to put up a full size Christmas tree of the first time in my adult life!!
My family is good and I'm looking at 2023 with such optimism.
Here are a few things that I'm planning for NVL.
1) Rev the pattern making back up.
2) Make myself a new wardrobe. I'm 45 now, and I want to make a new vintage wardrobe because I have missed wearing vintage pieces.
3) Create a shop off Etsy. That platform sucks and they just keep taking more and more profit from sellers.
4) Get a new blog. I want to get off Blogger and host on my own servers. A new store and blog will go hand in hand.
5) Have a more consistent social media presence. I'm not the greatest social media person. It gets to me a lot, but for work I use it. I'm going to make sure I'm better at posting consistent content. Instagram is going to be the place to ask me questions. It's so hard to find those questions on posts here on Blogger, so make sure you follow me on insta (newvintagelady).
That's about it. I think that's enough. :)
I am REALLY excited about this new year, so lets all go forward strong and with amazing optimism.