I've showed you how all this craziness came to be, how I made this incredibly rich costume in too little a time, and a lot of the tricks I used (not all #tradesecrets).
I stopped at a point because it would have been foolish for me to continue without a fitting. I had a friend be a body double, and I was finally about to add the bells to the sleeves in their correct places, fluff the sleeves by stuffing them with tulle, and adjusting the fit (mainly the back of the bodice, yay) so that everything hung the way it needed to.
Here are a few of the final things I did.
Here was my hand stitch to close the sleeve bell I had to cut into (leaving the inner lining sleeves open didn't work - you try some you lose some).
Tacking the bells of the sleeves to their correct measurements. I topstitched all of this into a ribbon I tied around for placement. Ugh.
For the cape, and that one trail of gold and black going down its edge, I decided to be difficult and double like the trim with a tiny zig-zag stitch using two colors of thread because of course I did. *sigh*
The flounce on the shoulder threw me because one, my brain was on vacation at this point. I couldn't get the shape right and the flounce in the picture seems to be huge because of the lowest part of the flounce is draped over the shoulder instead of an even cut circle, which is what I did.
but it all turned out good, so I think.
Okay, the next post will be the last post! Nothing but mostly finished pictures.
Post a Comment